Monday, March 14, 2011

Horror News - Wes Craven/Scream Series

While Scream 4 was being developed, there were many rumors that Ehren Kruger was brought in to rewrite the script originally penned by Kevin Williamson. Up until now, no one really commented on these rumors, however, Wes Craven cleared some things up. Here's what he had to say to Total Film magazine:

Wes Craven had stated via Twitter that he was no longer in control of the script. "I was just stating a fact. In some ways, it's a Wes Craven Film and in other ways it's not entirely, because it's not a script I have control of. It's ultimately controlled by what the studio wants in the script. My job is bringing whatever expertise and experience and creativity I can. Look, there was a bumpy period when things shifted over from Kevin to Ehren. I signed up to do a script by Kevin and unfortunately that didn't go all the way through shooting. But it certainly is Kevin's script and concept and ideas and themes."

In addition, Craven was then asked about the potential of another Scream franchise, to which he replied:
"When I initially met with Kevin, he sketched out what the next two would be and I found it really fascinating. A lot depends on whether they come up with scripts to flesh it out. But certainly, I'm up for it if the script is there. It's a fascinating thing to do two trilogies in a career."

So, it looks like there were indeed rewrites done to Williamson's script, which leaves me skeptical. We saw what happened the last time that he didn't do the script. Scream 3 was easily the weakest in the series. Here's hoping that they don't fuck this one up! In addition, it looks like Craven's on board for more Scream movies, which I suppose is better than a sequel to My Soul To Take. What do you guys think?

1 comment:

  1. Do you need free Twitter Re-tweets?
    Did you know that you can get them ON AUTOPILOT AND TOTALLY FREE by registering on Add Me Fast?

    ReplyDelete