Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Horror News - The Walking Dead season 2!

Well, it seems that there may be some good news on the horizon folks. While I, along with many of you, enjoyed The Walking Dead, some complained that the writing was uneven. While I can understand these complaints, let's keep in mind that the creators only had a 6 episode arc to set up a pretty hefty story.

A while back it was announced that Frank Darabont had let the entire writing staff go and would basically subcontract the episodes to other writers. Many were worried by this, but after hearing some of the people Darabont has been having conversations with, my doubts were put to rest.

Just the other day, Stephen King announced that he had been approached to write an episode of the hit show. Now comes word that if King accepts, he'll be joined by horror novelist Joe Hill. For those of you who don't know, Hill is King's son! I have personally read all of Hill's works, and let me tell you, the man is pretty damn talented. (I recommend that you check out 20th Century Ghosts and Heart Shaped Box) Again, a lot of people are skeptical, saying that Kings work in recent years has been lackluster, but I would like to remind everyone that when King works with Darabont, good things come to fruition. Any doubters should check out The Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile and The Mist. All were penned by King and adapted by Darabont.

Given these men's track record together, plus the addition of Hill who is quickly making a name for himself in the horror community, I think we're all in for a real treat. I'd love to hear what you think. Leave a comment in the comment section and give me your feedback! Who would you like to see collaborate on The Walking Dead? I personally would enjoy Clive Barker in addition to King. That would make for some twisted television!

No comments:

Post a Comment