Saturday, February 18, 2012

Insidious 2 News and Potential Collaboration Rumor??!!

Thanks for coming back guys, and as promised I'm bringing lots of stories with me! Read on for the details!

Insidious 2 - Leigh Whannell, the writer of the original installment as well as the original Saw, has announced that his character will be back for the follow up. The original saw Whannell and partner as hapless ghost hunters who find themselves in over their heads.

I was quite fond of the original and am happy to hear that Leigh is returning. Below is a quote from the man himself regarding his involvement:


"I can say that yes, my character will be seen in Insidious 2. It may probably bum a lot of people out, though, to hear this news. It's part of the reason I don't even read the internet message boards anymore; there was this hatred that spewed out from fans saying 'I hated those guys! They sucked! They ruined the movie!' so there will probably be a lot of people out there who will be disappointed to hear that the Specs and Tucker characters will be coming back. (laughs)"

No word yet on whether Patrick Wilson and cast have signed deals yet for the sequel.

Possible Horror Dream Team?? - I'm normally not fond of posting rumours until they've been confirmed but this one seemed too cool to pass up. I've heard from a few different people that there may be a horror collaboration in the works between modern horror masters Adam Green and Ti West! Green is responsible for Hatchet 1&2 as well as Frozen and West brought us House of The Devil and Innkeepers (reviewed here.) Both directors have an obvious love for the genre and deliver quality films.

Now as I said, this should be treated simply as a rumour for now, but if I hear anything more concrete I'll be bringing it to you all here. Again, I hate rumours but this one was too intriguing to pass up. What would you all like to see from these two, should they work together?

No comments:

Post a Comment