Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Horror News - The Cabin In The Woods delivers!!!!!!!!

Hey there readers and thanks for checking in. Hasn't been much to report on the last few days but I am pleased to bring you some great news! I was fortunate enough to catch Joss Whedon's long delayed and much talked about Cabin In The Woods. It has been receiving tremendous reviews and has been stated to "turn the genre on it's head." Let me tell you, it lives up to the hype.

Now, in the interest of not providing spoilers, I won't be able to properly review this title. It is literally impossible to say mmuch of anything without ruining something. That's how intricate this is set up. To be quite honest, I've never been much of a fan of Whedon's work, but after hearing about how great for the horror world this movie was supposed to be, I jumped at the chance to see it before release and I'm glad I did.


Is this the perfect horror movie? No. Is it damn entertaining? Absolutely. The performances here are all solid, above typical genre fare. There are some sterotypes and campy moments, but they work to give the film and old school feel. I can also tell you the effects are all up to par and the scares are very good.

It's overly obvious that this film was made for horror fans, by horror fans and it pays off big time. Cabin pays homage to many classics, the most obvious being Evil Dead, There are hints of Friday the 13th, Halloween and plenty more strewn about. If you can't find something to like here, you're not a horror fan.

That's about all i can say without giving anything away, but do yourselves the favor and see this movie. I do caution, don't go in expecting gold as this movie has it's flaws. However, if you expect a good horror film with a clever plot, good scares and solid acting, you won't be disappointed. This movie is a goodtime popcorn flick and that's exactly what they set out to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment